Monday, December 5, 2011

Culebra Sunday on Monday

In the grey overcast of yesterday, anything bright took on an almost surrealistic glow; flower, food, ships, it didn't matter. A sense of rain held off until it didn't anymore late in the afternoon. After a completely lazy morning reading (part of) a week old copy of the Sunday New York Times friends brought down for me (thanks, Lorriane! thanks, Jim!) I had headed into town to Dinghy Dock - for someone who doesn't care about football, I do like Football Sunday there. Some great fajitas from Neil, a couple rounds of libations, conversations and laughter along with a couple rounds playing catch with Kai, I about ready to leave when down came the rain, sweeping over the flank of hills to the east and spreading fast. Then as suddenly done as it had started, I was ready to go when Computer John showed us the radar on his phone, filled with yellow and red. No, I wasn't walking anywhere. Instead, a ride home was gratefully accepted and Sunday Funday drew to a slow, relaxed close. Sunday Sunday, I do like that day.

5 bucks and enough fajitas to make a too filling meal, chicken, pork or churrasco. Yum! Thanks for talking me into it, Taz, Ann and Steve! The churassco was fantastico!
A small work of art
A peek of sun in the late afternoon  - how can you not love a bar with a group of people all noticing 'Oh, look at the light!' One of my favorite things on Culebra is that, no matter how long people live here, they will still stop and notice the beauty.
 Today is still new, with clouds and bits of rain, the air cool enough to keep a light blanket on. The list of to-do's is there ahead of me, but for now, it's quiet, even the sound of the few cars going by somehow muffled. Nice.

Have a mellow-filled Monday. Do something mindful.

If you like dolphins, this is a fascinatingl NatGeo video

2 comments:

  1. We have been having weird weather. I'm ready for some heat!
    This post makes me want a REAL wok and an outdoor gas stove like the one in your pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really nice outdoor stove. You can find all sorts of good deals on them. My bro has a four burner Coleman (on a waist sized stand) that he's used for years up in the mountain cabin, it works great indoors as well as out. And woks are just plain great. I'm sure there are deals all over online, including ebay - a new good wok isn't cheap, but it will last forever.

    ReplyDelete