Thursday, December 1, 2011

Culebra Flower Pow!

We are in the midst of the end of Fall, which is really more like Spring here, heading into...more Spring, better Spring. Ok, basically, seasonal time here is a little out of whack, and thus fits in with a whole lot of other things around here.


The air is getting cooler. The sky is getting blue-er. The air is getting clearer. And the flowers are going crazy. I didn't intend to take mainly photos of flowers yesterday, but when they are literally falling in your face when working or walking down the street...well, you gotta do what you gotta do.


But first, about that clear air thing.

Hey St. Thomas, St. John and Jost friends, did you see me waving????
Bougies are flaming brilliant around here, in all their vivid colors
You say yucca, I say Spanish bayonet; the plant kids love to play with
I don't know what this is, but it almost slapped me in the face, hanging over a fence as I walked down the sidewalk in town yesterday. That's when I heard the bee(s).
The blue sky thing I was mentioning? Like this.
With the world in the crazy shape it is in these days, beside that almost round shape, it isn't a bad thing for flowers to be the invasive force in my life right now. I truly can live with that.

Have a tenaciously-hanging-onto-good-things Thursday. Do something tillable.

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting, this clear air thing. A year ago, May, St. Thomas was a smudgy mirage from Zoni. Am I jumping to conclusions to say that this is a seasonal phenomenon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it's a seasonal thing or not. I just associate it with drier air, humidity is water in the air, hazy views. Dry air, clear views. But sometimes, there is a bigger atmospheric magic going on where things just look CLOSE! That is my heavily scientific theory, I hope I wasn't too technical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I had no idea St. Thomas was so close and so visible on a clear day! I also can't believe how clear the air is there. We just don't get to see that here in Houston, TX. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Around 14 or 15 miles as the pelican flies, Annamarie, but on those days, it looks swimmable! I love the clear air days (and luckily, even when it isn't clear, it's just weather, not pollution).

    ReplyDelete