Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday Round Up

I bet it was quiet out here last night
Around 1:30 this morning, the boxing match was over. There was cheering, horns honking and general hoopla. All I knew as I came wide wake (was there a problem? was there a party? was the loud church having a really late service?)  - there was a whole lotta noise going on.
The second wake up was simultaneously the cat and the horses, all wanting something. The horses seem to have honed in on my rain buckets and now I'm a regular stop on the rounds. Of course, now they are knocked over and empty, so all I hear is hoof/bang/hoof/roll, one set per horse. The cat and I sit up in bed, looking at each other. I'm pretty sure her take is "Ok, you're up now. Feed me."

This is a pictoral round up of odds and ends from the week...but first! Somehow I got caught in my head that the ballet was yesterday, even though I posted the poster! Yes, it's worrisome. Maybe I'm just not used to that much advance notice of something going on here. Two weeks? Or maybe...well, let's not dwell on other possibilities. Anyway, I'm re-posting the poster and giving public mea culpas for anyone I confused beside myself!


While slightly annoying (they've broken the water pipes three times in a friend's yard), my fascination and appreciation of my recent visitors is more than than an equalizer,  easily overwhelming any small bothers.

Cute cute cute

Cute cute cute dos
Do you want to know a secret?  
Let me whisper in your ear
The wanderers had been listening: hoof beats coming around the bay; and there they were
But they were left behind a man with a different mission
How to drive around horses...slowly
Later in the day, a young man came around to claim this escapee, the one who ran through my yard, first in the morning and later in the afternoon. He was a new one on the scene and I was happy to find he had a concerned owner trying to bring him home.
Shiny magic sunshine

 In the world far and near, Herman Cain dropped out of the Presidential race (there IS a pizza god!), drones are falling and killing, the Cayo Norte ferry is back in operation for now, Victor Gonzolez is barricading and destroying a part of Playa Flamenco. In and surrounding my yard, hummingbirds are drinking and darting, horses are roaming, the water is sparkling, the plants are blooming; a haven from the silliness, madness and grasping, destructive selfishness. Call me blessed.
 It's true
Have a singing Sunday! Do something saving.

4 comments:

  1. Great photos, like always.
    I remember years ago when Brazil won the world cup, I was keeping track of the matches, then near the final, I went to the US.
    When Brazil won, people were honking, driving around wit big Brazil flags and celebrating. Most of the Americans didn't know what it was about, because they are unaware of football.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mark. Yes, I can relate to being in a country where football reigns hugely and hearing workers and people in the streets simultaneously groaning and cheering. I think America is a lot more savvy as to the game now, with huge fields set up for a multitude of games going on. My grandson is a great player (so is my granddaughter, but Grayson is OUT there!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does one contact you to ask some Culebra questions? Thanks. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. One clever soul went through my photography site to get to my email, but I'll make it easy on you, Pat.
    caribemj (@) gmail (dot) com.
    Well, easy as a little spam defeating spacing will make it anyway...

    ReplyDelete