Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What's the worst that can happen

For the moment, because miracles happen (after a few hundred bad attempts), my computer is working. It could quit in the middle of this and I almost didn't try but then thought (after telling a friend I wouldn't try), what the heck? Worst that can happen is it dies again and you'll never know!



Maybe it is my first day of Hanukkah present! Like that miraculous jar of oil that was only supposed to last one day, I'm having a mini-miracle of my computer working for no apparent reason. Will I get 8 days? Who knows? But then, neither did the Jews in days of yore...



In the meantime, here are a few photos from over the last days. Along with a big welcome to a lot of people who have made it back to Culebra for this holiday season! I'm so looking forward to seeing you all, along with the ones I've seen already. Hugs and kisses are good!

 Having taken and shared this view a few dozen times out of a few hundred attempts, I keep trying, hoping to somehow convey the breathtaking beauty here. The wind was still howling, the sun going in and out behind massive clouds and mini rain squalls; this was a sunny moment

Closer up and further in. I think even if I used video, it somehow is something you need to be here to experience. I'm so lucky!
After work, I was invited to jump in the water out at Dakity. We turned the corner into the rough water and there was this beautiful boat with the flags of many countries flying. This is slightly blurry because I was in a dinghy bouncing around a bit. An oh wow moment.
This is later when the sun had come back out and we were on the 'with the wind' side. All those dinghies were there for a party that we got invited to join as we passed by, but alas (and I mean that) we had missions to accomplish and couldn't stay. Some days I'd really like to clone myself - the MJ that lives and works here with an MJ that lives here and just gets to play and go to spontaneous  parties on gorgeous boats with friends and new people.
Another shot of 'on the way in'
Ok, this is very cool! Ann just got these in her shop (Paradise Gift Shop) a couple of days ago. 
There is a mold and you just put it around a sand clump, add your beach finds and add water. 
Wa la! You've got a forever 'piece of the beach'. 
I am definitely getting at least one of these (if there are any left).

Ok, so far, I'm still working here, so I'm going to hit the button and see if the magic happens. Keep your eyes open for the magic in your lives because I'm telling you, it's out there! 

Have a tenderly trying Tuesday. Do something thrilling!

2 comments:

  1. Somehow, your island seems more Caribbean than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our island is pretty rare and special, I know that.

    ReplyDelete