Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Winter Solstice 2011

We don't have (usually) grey days, like yesterday! where we eat dinner in the dark, huddled against the cold. But we do have late sunrises and early sunsets, mingled with Christmas winds. At 1:30 tomorrow morning, the trend reverses as the winter solstice occurs. We don't have a Stonehenge, and I think pagans are few on the ground, but if you are awake, make note, seasonal celebrators.


Yesterday's grey, rain spattered skies are gone for now, the sunrise was golden and the world of my world was wide awake and busy. Time for me to do the same, but first, a little of Culebra's last and latest dawning for 2011.


Is that my ship coming in? Hello!
I say hello, he says good bye
Something classical for Winter

Have a winter bright Wednesday! Do something wendingly.

2 comments:

  1. MJ, Put your weather lady hat on for a sec? What are the daily highs and lows lately? I'm easy but Kathy is easily chilled. I seem to remember lows of 72-75 and highs of 86-90 around the holidays...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug, I think you might be a bit high, she should bring along a mid-weight fleece/sweater and some long pants for sure!

    ReplyDelete