Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas! For those of you who celebrate the birth of a little Jewish baby today, may your day be full. For those of you who only know the day as a year long awaited Santa does or doesn't fulfill your wish list (I, for one, do not see a Viking 8 burner stove anywhere on the property, perhaps a reflection that I was not always nice), I can only say, take a deep breath and make your own wishes come true. For those of you whose cups are full of a holiday inspired poignant longing for those no longer with us, or lives radically changed for the not so jolly, check your cup, it might be fuller than you think. Then go take a walk, a bike ride, a run; take a camera along if you have one. Find something, one thing, beautiful in your world. Call me in the morning. Dr. MJ. For the rest, who find this a day that is a day that is a day, may your day as well be full!

One beautiful thing I found yesterday
I have a lot of photos to sort from a whirling round of parties and just a plain gorgeous day in Paradox, so for now, here is how it looked a bit earlier in my part of the world on this Christmas day.


And now I have to go. I hear the beat of many horses hooves coming around the bay and I want to see what happens next!

A little egg nog and smile music

Have a moment of silence for all the gifts we do have, no matter what our creed, Sunday. Do something so full of glad.

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas MJ!! Santa didn't bring me the Viking stove either - what's up with that? As usual you have given us stunning pictures...do you know what type of bird that is?

    Take care, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Karen! I can only suppose with two Viking stoves in his pack he must be running behind schedule? If you mean what sort of hummingbird this one is, my guess, from reading about them, is that this is a green throated Carib. Any birders out there who can confirm or correct?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Google images agrees on the hummer ID. Merry Christmas, a day late. I didn't go near the 'puter yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! Good present to give yourself ;)

    ReplyDelete