Wednesday, December 7, 2011

New Arrivals in Lounge 2


Yesterday I got some new land mates. A call, a whirlwind of activity and here they are, the first two chickens of the new regime, deemed Culebra Rhode Island Reds - we'll see. Miss Prissy and Dark Tail (no, I didn't name them and no, they don't seem to know why I call them that) have come to live in the coop. Because I wasn't quite ready for them, they are in the side 'holding/baby pen'. Now, the coop is ready but I don't quite have the arm reach to get them out of here and figured they were better off just getting used to the idea of being here anyway. Soon enough.

Hopefully, more chicks will be arriving this week from the big island (I'm an inter-island chicken accepting kinda person). Let the egg farming begin! Not immediately, they aren't quite that old yet, but trust me, the first egg will be displayed as proudly as a Faberge. And then eaten or sold. Because that's just how we farmers are, tough and ready to sell the potential children of their working herds. Or flocks. I can see I'll need to be working on the farmer talk and walk here. Tough. Repeat. Tough. 

Here they are, getting used to living on another side of another bay, though frankly, I don't think they are all about the real estate as much as the immediate lodging conditions, which are going to improve shortly. If they let me get them out of there. "You're just a wall away".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These photos have been hanging around my desktop for way too long. They are ones I've run across, liked very much, and now  cannot remember their provenance. Which means I probably shouldn't post them, but I'm going to do so anyway. Bad me.

 This is a French caravan that I'm totally in love with;
the style, the materials used, the airy compactness of the set up.
What's not to like?

This is a fire lookout station. It would be an awesome outdoor kitchen/dining/relaxing area. 
In my yard.

No, wait, I like this one even better! Look at those wonderful shutters and windows. I'm drooling here. And yes, I want it in my yard.
Have a wending Wednesday. Dream something with strong will, it can happen.

5 comments:

  1. Sorta off topic, but for the benefit of we soon-to-visit customers, can you tell us enough about your business to facilitate some orders? What varieties are on the bread bill of fare? How much lead time do you need? Are fresh eggs going to be for sale? Why is there air? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're beauties -- the ladies and the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doug, what I've been doing is having people email me to order the bread, what kind they want (rye, rosemary garlic or hearty grain), by Wednesday night for pick up in front of my place on Friday. I try to make extra for the random buyer as well. The eggs will be for sale when the chickens start laying! I'll let people know. Why is there air? For the same reason the sky is blue. We like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to place an order please. I would like a loaf of rosemary garlic bread and a dozen fresh eggs. Can you have them delivered to Jerry's Jeeps 91 days 23 hours and 8 minutes from now, March 9, 2012 at 5:15 PM. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem! In fact, I'll just deliver them tomorrow and Jerry can store everything for you. See you in March!

    ReplyDelete