Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Flying the coop


Yesterday Chick Chick was pretty insistent that she would get out of the coop. From a docile mother, she's gone to trying to peck my feet and hop out the door. So I let her, then I caught her and put her back in for the night. This morning she was ready to get out and remembering that poem of Kahlil Gibran about allowing our children to soar like arrows from the bow, I held the door wide.

Ok, it wasn't like that at all, it was more, "Don't PECK MY FEET!! Go, damn it!" Which seems much more realistically parental to me...Her babies, who are really half way to grown now, are squawking and she is yard wandering...we'll see what the afternoon brings. She should 'come home to roost', I hope.

I'll be flying the coop Friday and getting back Tuesday, to be with my true children, who at least are past the pecking stage with me, for the most part. Away away away...

3 comments:

  1. Safe Travels. I'm sure your children will be so grateful to have you there at such a difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, LaMadre..I'm not sure which of us is looking forward to this the most...but it will be very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pablo, using the translator I got an idea of what your blog is about and it's fascinating! Thanks for the link. The stamps are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete