Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Way better than just good...

Home. Is there a better word or feeling? I don't think so! Yes, America has stores and stores full of...well, everything. And the grocery stores...they are full as well. Too full. I could get three jobs just to satisfy all the yens the plethora of bounty provokes in me. But I'll take our colmadas and the veggie guy on Friday, easily, in exchange. And the next time someone tells me Culebra markets are expensive, I'll suggest a little trip North...


Ok, the phone isn't working because of work being done on the cable (something like that; I hear it's been off for two days). But DSL works! The mosquitoes seem to have been waiting for me as well. And I'm sure something or other will be going on that raises my ire before too long. And I also hear it's been HOT. But I can take all of that in exchange for chapped lips and way too many clothes (Karen, I should have taken you up on the gloves offer - that sort of cold just seems impossible!). Is there a trade off to living in Paradox? Absolutely, but in my mind and heart, we win!

Because this is a very depressing comment from Michael Moore (that I agree with entirely) I'll just post the link on this St. Patrick's Day...but it's worth a read, because if we don't stand up, we're getting run over..

Thanks to all for the good wishes, concern and wonderful help in a strange time. We (me and my children) thank you!

2 comments:

  1. "And the next time someone tells me Culebra markets are expensive, I'll suggest a little trip North" - THANK YOU! I try to tell people that, and they don't believe me.

    Hopefully not a pox on you, but Monika and Walter's phone was out, and the next thing that went out at their house was the DSL.

    Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete