Sunday, March 7, 2010

A strange time in Paradox

Sometimes life events happen that turn the regular course of daily events topsy turvy. One of them occured yesterday. My ex-husband died unexpectedly, to put it mildly, as he was one who worked hard on his health. So I'm headed to the Mid-West this week to stand with my children, who are the best good gifts from that time in my life, as they say a final farewell to their father, way too early. It will be one of those trips weighted with memories, and sights from what seems another lifetime. On the good side, hopefully I can find that great little place with real enchiladas, the best I've ever had. And see some people I haven't seen for a few decades, while freezing my butt off (that's a hope).

Stephen and his beautiful wife Karen
 Rest in peace, Stephen.

4 comments:

  1. MJ - we are so sorry to hear about this. How wonderful for you to be able to be there for your children during this time. Hugs and Kisses to you and your family.

    Debbie and Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  2. MJ-
    Sad news. Thanks for the much-needed reminder that life is indeed fragile. May your presence provide comfort to your kids. Like there is any doubt about THAT. Blessings, Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that MJ. Best regards to your family. Hope you have a safe trip. Enjoy the weather, it is only temporary.

    Best to all,

    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks thanks and thanks...I'm very ready to see my children and just found out I'll be getting to see my granddaughter Sloane as well. The reunion side of the sad thing is very good.

    ReplyDelete