Friday, March 5, 2010

Free Range Friday

Because I still don't have my camera, I'm using public domain photos (since Nancy didn't take any of this sort of thing!) and letting Smitten Kitchen give you a taste treat today, Warm Mushroom Salad with Hazelnuts. I like this food blog because, while having many more resources living in NYC than I do here on little old Culebra,  she still does what she does with what she has on hand. On occasion anyway.

Today, traipsing between one of the colmado's for the cheese and hazelnuts, the veggie guy for the mushrooms, shallots and greens and my garden for the herbs, I could have gotten the ingredients for this salad. I didn't traipse because it's about 300 degrees out and at the end of cart time I just wanted to get in my dinghy, get on the water and get home. So what I'll really make is shrimp and udon noodles, light and easy. But I could have made this, really! And maybe next week I will. Don't let that stop you though...and enjoy a great food blog!

Have a frio Friday. Do something non-fractious.

6 comments:

  1. What are the temps y'all are seeing lately?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two seconds ago it was 79 degrees...that's 10 degrees cooler than it was mid-day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. I'm anxious to get away from the cold, but I was looking forward to milder temperatures than that! At least the water is warm (so I'm hearing). And I GET TO GO DIVING!! Shoulder is all healed up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The water is warm and yippee about your shoulder!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, that's awesome. It took 7 months of rehab to get me back to throwing curveballs and sliders.

    ReplyDelete