Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Autumnal Equinox (so you can say you knew this)


I forgot to mention (these busy September days are way too slow to go fast, which ends up in forgetfulness) that today is the Autumnal Equinox, which I can barely type, let alone say. What ever happened to plain old Autumn, which is anything but plain?

Day Light Saving Time. - edited to say this about that, thanks to the eagle eyes of star reader Debbie, who is soggy in Atlanta. DST ends November 1. It doesn't START this Sunday. But, it only make this last unedited sentence all the more true (can something be truer than true? Yes it can). Luckily, we don't have this time weirdness and a good thing, as we'd never remember it. We'd call it Fall Over Time...and we already have that - unofficially of course.

8 comments:

  1. Bonitas fotos, saludos desde EspaƱa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless Daylight Saving Time ends at a different time in different places, it actually ends November 1. Maybe your calendar pages were stuck together? Or maybe it was before coffee? None-the-less, yes it is a bit of weirdness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias! I'd love to go back to Spain for a visit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. You really do live in another time and space. I always thought you were kidding about that. :-)

    For the US, DST ends November 1.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time_around_the_world#2007_to_the_present

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch, I totally blew that one! Yes, DST ends November 1. Good lord, thanks for paying attention, I could have sent all 12 of my readers into a Tehranian spin of 60 minutes proportions. I'll fix that now, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee June, if I'd seen your comment first Debbie might not be confirmed in her *she's a space freak* opinion of me! But yes, I got word. It was just this *OH!* moment and then I scanned instead of read and oh oh boo boo!

    But I won't forget again! Til next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, that's even funnier that I didn't see June's comment either! I would have cut you a break, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No...it wasn't there, I saw it after I saw yours but it was written before (I publish them after reading them...or not!)

    ReplyDelete